High alumina refractory mortar (KHLN-55) is prepared from high alumina bauxite clinker, binding agent, and admixture. It is usually delivered in bulk and dry, and it is mixed with water during use. [Solemn reminder] Refractory mortar is different from refractory cement. Refractory mortar is mainly used as the joint material or brick joint material for the construction of refractory bricks. The adjusted refractory mortar is also called refractory mortar. Refractory cement is used as a binder for making refractory castables or refractory plastics. Refractory cement is also called high alumina cement or aluminate cement.
Use of High Alumina Refractory Mortar
The high-alumina refractory mortar is correctly configured according to the material of the refractory bricks. Usually, it is mainly used for laying high alumina bricks and corundum bricks.
How to Use High Alumina Refractory Mortar
The refractory slurry used for refractory bricks is made of powdered refractory materials. It should have good masonry performance and high-temperature performance to bond the refractory bricks into a dense overall furnace lining.
The masonry performance of mud refers to the work performance of refractory mortar that helps to ensure the quality of masonry during the masonry process. If there are good fluidity and plasticity. It has a certain water retention performance and can maintain a uniform state without segregation and precipitation. It has proper consistency and viscosity during masonry and does not dry out during the brick kneading time to achieve the required thickness of the brick joints, and the mortar in the brick joints is full.
The chemical composition similar to that of refractory bricks should be taken into consideration when selecting fire clay. The thermal expansion of the mud is consistent with the thermal expansion of the refractory bricks to ensure that the masonry can be reliably bonded.
What should I do if the high alumina refractory mortar dries too fast during construction?
Can refractory clay fail to condense or dry too fast on the construction site and cannot be built with refractory bricks? The answer is yes.
What if this situation is reproduced on the construction site? It is necessary to add an admixture, otherwise, the https://refractorycastablecement.com/high-alumina-mortar/ refractory mortar will dry too quickly and affect the construction. So, what is the proportion of joining? Many construction companies are very clear, some say an increase of 1%, and some say 0.5%. There is no clear regulation on this amount of addition, it depends on the construction site.
The role of high alumina refractory mortar additives
The soft clay is added to the high alumina refractory mortar to improve workability, such as spreading and adhesion. Using soot silica powder instead of soft clay can lower the sintering temperature. Additives mainly include precipitation agents, stabilizers, plasticizers, and anti-shrinking agents. The role of the precipitation agent is to reduce the amount of water added. The stabilizer prevents the solid-liquid separation phenomenon of the adjusted refractory mortar during the standing process. Adding plasticizers improves the spreadability of the mud and prevents flow. The anti-shrinking agent is to prevent cracks or peeling caused by volume shrinkage after sintering.
- Refractory material itself is an applied science, and it depends on the situation during use. If the construction is cold in winter, add 2%, if it is hot in summer, add 0.5-1%.
- In the construction process of refractory mortar, drinking water must be added at a ratio of 25-30%. Can’t add too much, it depends on site usage.
- Add yellow dextrin and methylcellulose, add powder. Yellow dextrin is a yellow-white powder, and it is easily soluble in water, and it has strong viscosity when dissolved in water. At a certain temperature, it will be decomposed by heat.
- If at the construction site, yellow dextrin and methylcellulose add one of them, it can also play a sticky effect.
- If the refractory mortar https://refractorycastablecement.com/refractory-mortar-for-sale/ is the phosphoric acid refractory mortar and the construction site appears to dry too fast, yellow dextrin or methylcellulose must be added to adjust it. The added bonding agent has evaporated after high temperature and will not affect the later use.
To learn more about the precautions for the use of unshaped refractory materials and the solutions to various problems, please visit our website: https://refractorycastablecement.com/.