There are many types of high-aluminum castables. It is necessary to choose high-aluminum refractory castables of different quality when used under different linings and different temperatures and erosion conditions. So, how can we distinguish the quality of high-aluminum castables?
- First, distinguish the grade of the material from the aluminum content. The higher the aluminum content, the better the quality of the castable. If it exceeds the quality of refractory castable and contains 80% aluminum content, it is called corundum castable. Under normal circumstances, high alumina castables have 55%, 60%, 65%, 70%, 75% alumina content.
- Secondly, it is distinguished from the bulk density. The higher the bulk density, the denser the castable and the better the quality.
- Then, it is distinguished from the flexural strength at room temperature. Flexural resistance is a measure of the degree of bending that the castable can withstand. The higher the flexural resistance, the better the performance of the material.
- Also, it is distinguished from the compressive strength. Compressive strength is the ultimate load that the castable can withstand without being destroyed. The greater the strength, the stronger the wear resistance and impact resistance.
- It can also be distinguished from the softening temperature under load. The load softening temperature is the ability of the castable to resist the effects of both high temperature and load. Therefore, the load softening temperature can best explain the quality of the castable.
- From other aspects, we can also distinguish the grade and quality of high-aluminum castables, such as alkali resistance and wear resistance. The high-aluminum castable used in cement rotary kilns and boiler walls will be eroded by alkaline gas or flue gas in the kiln. Therefore, when purchasing high-aluminum castables, it is necessary to test the alkali resistance and wear resistance of the castables. Alkali resistance and abrasion resistance are the ability of castables to resist alkaline erosion at high temperatures.
In short, no matter from the above aspect to distinguish the quality of the high alumina refractory castables. During use, if poor quality castables are selected under high-temperature conditions, the life cycle of the furnace lining will be affected, causing the trouble of replacing the furnace lining back and forth. If the temperature is low, choosing high-quality high-aluminum castables will not only increase the use cost of the furnace lining but also may not necessarily receive a good use effect. Regarding how to choose high-quality high-aluminum refractory castables, it is still necessary to choose the quality grade of the castables according to the use of their own furnace lining.
To purchase high-alumina refractory castables, please choose refractory castables manufacturers. A strong refractory castable manufacturer not only guarantees product quality but also provides comprehensive customer service. Powerful manufacturers of refractory materials have their own advantages in the types and formulations of refractory castables and can customize solutions for refractory castable refractory linings according to their production needs. To learn more about the product knowledge of monolithic refractory linings, please continue to pay attention to our blog.